Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Anniversary

Scott Michael Kimsey
Jan 23 1976-March 19, 2003


Five Years

How on earth has it been five years already?
It's a scary thought.
One of my best friends died on this day, Five Years ago
Still feels like yesterday in my heart.
He'll always be with us, We all know that
But it definitely seems a darker place without the Light that was Scottie
He wasn't a perfect man, our little SB, god knows, but then again, who is?
But he was a good man, a true friend
and, in a very real way, the heart of our little group

I just find it hard to understand why someone like me
Who has done so much that is unacceptable or hard to forgive in this life
Is still here and able to be writing this
when someone who was actually CONTRIBUTING and making a difference in others' lives
has been taken from us all
I know I can never bring him back
But as long as I'm alive, he'll never truly leave
Love and miss you Scott "SB" Kimsey




2 comments:

  1. Scott and I served together as instructors. He was a great guy. I think of him often. I can still remember the last words he said to me... Hard to believe it's been 10 years... Semper Fi

    Alfred Shipp Jr.
    Gunnery Sergeant
    USMC Retired

    ReplyDelete