Thursday, November 11, 2010

Veteran's Day


I'm not going to try and match Geoff the Jedi for eloquence on this one, but I feel the need to do a little roll call of some of the important military men and women who have influenced my life. As you know, (Well, 99% of my friends know....my random readers, not so much, growing up as a brat gives you a....shall we say....different view on the world.

To me, Veteran's Day (previously Armistice Day) has a larger and more meaningful impact than Christmas.
And if you grew up Brat, you understand why. If you didn't, there is no way I can explain it to you, so I won't even try.

But I would be remiss if I didn't thank some of the millions of men and women that have sacrificed to protect this country. Here are the ones that are the closest to me.


Obviously, to my father, Maj Ronald L. Kupfer, USAF ret, I owe, literally, my life, personality, and whatever good qualities I have. Any bad qualities are soley my own.

Also among my family or extended family that currently serve or have served: Guilford Kupfer USArmy WWII, Anthony Dremann, Karna More, Mike Scott, W. Nathan Hackney, Will Howery, Jamie Tucker, Sherwin Carino, (all current USAF), David Driscoll USN Vietnam, Frank Moreno, Chris Donnelly, Jeremy Gates, Scott Kimsey (RIP 3-19-2003), (all former USMC), Melanie and Greg Mosher, Mickela Cupkie, J. Chris Bradshaw, Jill Grove, Sampson Schaffer, Dave Coombs, Kristina Spindel, Robin Callaghan (all former US Army), Catrina Granados (Former USAF) and to almost all of my friends' fathers (and their mothers, who had just as tough a job) who served between Korea and the first Gulf War.....and a couple still serve today.

Thank you does not seem to say it.
And one day of thanks is never enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment