Sunday, February 7, 2010

Oregon Days 2 and 3...plus trip wrapup

Yeah, I know I haven't posted in a couple of days, so sue me, lmao.


On Friday I went exploring the area a bit, hit a couple parks and found some walking trails, as well as spending an hour or so at Borders, and did a bit of reading. It was pretty much a rest day for me, since I needed to catch up on my lack of sleep from the two days prior. But here are some of the photo highlights:







Yesterday, we headed out to the coast to let the dogs go batshit crazy in the ocean. We had amazing timing, since it was drizzling all the way up, and the sun came out right when we got there (see rainbow in marina pic). So we grabbed lunch at Rogue Brewery then hit the sand. Literally. The dogs got soaked, and the humans weren't exactly dry as some of those waves came rolling in damned fast. One moment the surf line is 100 yards away, the next your legs are soaked to mid calf, all in the time it took to run off a photo or two. After drying off the dogs and getting home so the humans could change, we went out for dinner, then Nellie and I and a friend of hers went to the theater to catch "The Book of Eli". It was pretty good but not at all what was expecting from the previews. However, that being said, it was MUCH better than the previews made it look.

Photo recaps of Sat:








And today, Sunday, Day 4, is mainly going to be watching the Superbowl. I don't care for or about either the Saints or the Colts, but think the Colts will take it. We'll see.


Tomorrow, I'll leave here around 8am to head out for Portland to catch my flight, connect through Houston, and should be back in Tampa around midnight or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment