Sunday, April 10, 2011

In which I get to meet Schumi...

.....well, at least his car. ;) As you'll see.

I've been little lax on the updates, I know, and, no, I'm not going into the family stuff here, because, well....it's none of your business really, now is it?

So, over the past couple of weeks since the Honda Grand Prix of St Petersburg, I've been having myself a jolly old time.....on the weekends, at least. Still not a fan of the 9-6, but...till something better comes along or someone decides I need to earn gobs of money for doing what I love and paying me to travel to air and car shows and events...well, I'll just suffer.

Enough moaning, you want that, go to your bedroom.

Last weekend I went to the annual Mustangs and Mustangs gathering out at Fantasy of Flight.
And finally got to fly the Stearman. Been waiting a while for that one.
Let me tell you.......COMPLETELY different than flying the Cessnas, Pipers, Diamonds and what all we're all used to. That old trainer makes you work for it, I don't mind admitting.

Video of me at the controls of the N2S-3 Stearman, the Naval version of the venerable biplane trainer.

I'll toss out a couple more highlights of the Mustang Meet here, but they all pale after that Stearman flight. BIG thanks to Jill, Rob, and Dave at Waldo Wright's Flying Service!!

Cripes going for a spin on a Saturday afternoon


The whole concept behind Mustangs and Mustangs


The new Shelby


TP-51D Mustang E Pluribus Unum taxis in after landing


1967 Mustang Fastback


Yesterday I hit the Celebration Exotic Auto show, or, as Steve called it, The Ferrari Festival.
They did have the fair amount of Ferraris, including some rare ones I'd never been face-to face with before, like:



Michael Schumacher's F2004 F1 racer. Most of you know that, when it comes to sports, F1 racing has always been my first love, and one of my favorite all time drivers is Michael Schumacher. (I KNOW, go figure, right??). This is as close as I have ever gotten to meeting him.


The 512TR.


550M Superamerica


FXX Evoluzione


S7 Twin Turbo


Lambo LM002


and the 8C Competizione, among others. For a look at the FULL field I shot, head on over to my picasa.

Ass for the rest of it......well, I'm rather glad most of the big events are closing up now and I can start catching up on rest on the weekends. Might still hit Fort Myers this upcoming weekend, I'll let interested parties know.

What have all of you been up to?

2 comments: