Saturday, April 9, 2011

What's in a Name?

What's in a name, really? Everything and everyone has one, right?

Mine is Brian Kupfer to those who don't know me very well. It's an Irish-German name (My middle is Scottish), but it's not how most of my close friends think of me.

My friends call my by various names, names given to me BY my friends.

These are called nicknames. Mine are Valder, Crash, hey jackass, Bigfoot, Demi, Wookie, ect.

Everyone I know calls me by the first two a lot (and of COURSE there is a story behind them, and NO I'm not going to tell you), the third one I just tossed in there.

Now, I don't know if it is from growing up in a military background or what, but all MY close friends also have nicknames. Here they are.....you know which is yours ;)

Angel
Apache
Catwoman
Cleopatra
DaBoyz
Daphne
DoughBoy
Dono
ElTitoBendito
Ghost
Golden Eagle
HeadHunter
Immortal
Incoming
Jedi
Jimenez
Lee
Leggs

Leia
Matrix
Maverick
Mayhem
Mel
Mikki
Mouse
Mukey
Napkins
Natalie
Paladin
Phantom
Phoenix
Polaris
Psycho
Puff
Queenie
Red
S.B.
Scope
Shaba
Shorty
Sis
Snow
Tramp
Tron
Vyper
Warlock
Wizard
Wolf

Obviously, some of these are for obvious reasons, some are specific inside jokes, and, NO, I'm not going to tell you who belongs to what or where the nicknames came from.
How about you......do you have any nicknames or is this just something me and my friends do???

No comments:

Post a Comment