Saturday, October 29, 2011

THE Away Mission

Short post today, but, for me, a momentous one.

So, most of you probably know I love Firefly about like my friends Geoff and Carie like Star Wars, or Jye and Shawn like Star Trek.



Today I drove over to Orlando to meet Jewel Staite, known to Firefly fans (Browncoats) as Kaylee.

She is the first member of the cast I have gotten to meet thus far, and she was gracious enough to take a photo with me and sign one of my Firefly posters.
She's an amazing young lady and I got to chat with her a bit, and even got to question her in the public Q&A session, where she mentioned she "Finally Got the Guy" when I mentioned how I loved her and Sean Maher in their cameo episode of Warehouse 13, and that she "Is still waiting on a call from Castle" when I asked if Chuck or Castle had called her or if she would want to be on either show.



I also got to spend some time with John both in and out of the two panels he hosted on Firefly topics. The smartass even dedicated a #Tebowing to me before the first panel. I love how all my friends are sarcastic....definitely doesn't let things get boring! While at the panel, and throughout the day, I met and got to spend time with Maryann, a fellow geek and pretty cool lady in her own right!



Also, I of course managed to find an Orion Slave Girl to get a photo with for my Trekkers :P


That's all for me today folks........hope all of you had HALF as good a day as I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment