Sunday, October 9, 2011

Dallas Days one and Two

Dallas, Day One

Thursday I flew from Orlando to Houston, which was fine, then from Houston to Dallas which was.....not so much. The flight gave me a whole new perspective on the early days of air travel, let’s put it that way. That puddle jumper (A Bombardier DHC-8-Q200 for those curious), was tiny, cramped, and, once the engines started, vibrating. The twin turboprops when at full song set off a harmonic vibration of the aircraft’s skin which was loud as all hell AND made the whole aircraft shake. I guess some people pay good money to get vibrated like that, but I’ll pass, thank you.

After landing at DFW, I wouldn’t say I ran from the plane….but I wouldn’t say I dallied, either.

(And just so you know, Sadie is my co-author on this post, so if it starts rambling about food and squirrels, I blame her).


Shawn met me at the airport, and we proceeded to goof off for a while, while waiting for Lisa’s flight to land about an hour later.

After picking up Lisa, we headed to the house, where Lisa did some work and we abandoned ship so as not to distract her too much.

So we headed downtown to Dealy Plaza.

Yeah, THAT Dealy Plaza.


I’ve read and watched a lot of the stuff on the assassination, and know the conspiracies, but……being on the ground gives you a whole new perspective.



I’m not saying Lee Harvey DIDN’T do it, I’m just saying the route, open-topped convertible, and going to Dealy at all was kind of a dumb move. There are SO many places to get a great line of sight while still maintaining concealment there. As you can see.



If you were curious, the reason there are no photos from inside the Texas Schoolbook Depository, now the sixth floor museum, is that they don’t allow photography inside. Which I kinda get, but at the same time….dammit.

Day Two


Nothing to see here, move along ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment