Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Interesting find

Was working on transcribing one of my gazillion (ok maybe a small exaggeration) notebooks into typed text for a couple novels when i came across this little poem/limerick on the margins of one.

I have NO idea whom the original piece was aimed at, since the ink is a different color than that in the rest of that portion of the notebook, which I was writing stories in back in 2006, apparently.

So your guess is as good as mine....but, here it is:

Heartburn

Excuse me miss...Is this seat taken?
Can I buy you a shrink?
Forgive me for wanting to see my friend...How stupid of me to care.
I did something wrong...I know that now.
I thought i could trust...I opened my heart.
Won't do THAT again.
Get out the mellows..watch it burn.
What a beautiful sight.
The smell of broken promises lights up the night.
You tell me you're sorry..Ask me to forgive..
So u can sleep better.
They're empty words..A salve for your mind.
What should you care...the fault is all mine.
The audacity of asking...To spend time with a friend.
What was I thinking...

4 comments:

  1. Are you sure this wasn't aimed at me?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not even sure we knew one another at the point this was written......

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm trying to think back and if we did then it wasn't very well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so there you are worrying for nothing.....

    ReplyDelete