Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I am an admitted Racist.

To paraphrase En Vougue "Racism, wrote a blog about it, wanna read it, here it goes"

I'm admittedly a racist. I can't stand certain races, with few exceptions.

I would much rather watch anything at the Nurburgring than an allstar race at Charlotte.
Mid-Ohio does more for me than Bristol ever will.
LeMans kicks Daytona's ass any day of the week, and TWICE on Sunday.
There is, however, one exception. Indianapolis. But only on Memorial day. Couldn't give two shits about the NASCAR race there. I DO Miss seeing the F1 boys rip around the long course at Indy, though.

What were YOU thinking?
You were thinking racism about people?
Grow up. There is only ONE race. The Human Race.
I grew up as a military brat, I met more different kinds of people by the time I was ten and spoke more languages than most Americans ever do, so I know of that which I speak. Unless you live in NYC, possibly, where you meet a lot of people for half a second. I think everyone should grow up as a military brat. You'll realize real fast that disliking a person because of their nationality is about as dumb as disliking them for the color of shirt they wear. Take that gangbangers. People are people. You get your class acts and then you get the 80-95% Douche population. Look at everyone you've ever met. You know I'm right. Racism about people is manufactured and stupid. So that's enough about that then.

Let's get back to REAL Racism.

Road and Street courses are just better than ovals. You know it in your heart.
'cause, let's face it, watching cars whip around in a circle for four hours is boring as hell and requires little skill from the drivers.
Ok, in top gear, keep foot on gas, keep turning left, don't hit other cars or wall.
Check.
Que naptime for watchers.
I know. I ran track. Rather well, too.
But always preferred Cross Country. Which I didn't suck at either.
At least there, like in road and street courses, you get variation.

I look at it this way. Oval racing HAD to be invented in Florida, even if it historically wasn't.
Why, you ask?

When you're on an oval everything is set for simplicity. There is no change in elevation, you only remember to have to turn one way, if the rain or snow comes you freak out and don't know what to do and just CAN'T drive in it, and you are fine until you get near traffic, where stupid shit seems to happen when you try to pass people.

Sounds like I-75, doesn't it?
Let's face it, like 95% of drivers in Florida, race drivers that run solely on Ovals aren't Drivers at are.
They're operators. They can use a car, but only in certain conditions.
Drive down I-4 ONCE in the rain, and you'll think I'm a messiah.

Road and Street courses though, ah......those are for the people who actually know how to DRIVE.
Who like to learn what the limits of their car are, and enjoy the challenges of driving with OTHER people who know how.
Rain? I've got tires for that. Might even slow me down five miles an hour. Maybe.
Oh, a hill....think I'll shift to a lower gear, crest it, speed up on the downhill, and see if I can outbreak that guy in the GT3 ahead of me.
Oh dear. A right turn. Then a left. ANOTHER right. Oh, wait. My steering wheel goes in both directions, I'm fine.
Wow....tunnels, hairpins, sand traps, chicanes (Or Milka Duno, depending on the series), turns both ways, hills, weather, and racing with headlights if it gets dark.
Damn, what were the organizers thinking??? That sounds like...........driving. Can't have that.
I admit it. I'm a Racist. I prefer races that involve skill over luck of someone not wiping me out because they forgot to turn into the corner. To the left.

If you are a person who really DRIVES their car (No automatic transmission, back up camera, cruise control, proximity alert, automatic parking) would you rather drive five times around Daytona or Nurburg?

Right.
No choice there. Especially if I get to choose the car and get free airfare.

No comments:

Post a Comment