Monday, March 29, 2010

Grand Prix of St Petersburg 2010 highlights

The freebie promotional shot from Cooper Tire. (And yes, I fully realize how much of a dork I look like in this photo....Katherine....)

Although I didn't get up early enough to make it out to the track this morning, and watched it on TV like I do every other IRL race, I thought I would post some of my favorite shots I got from yesterday. Sure, some of the ones I posted last night are ok, but I really like these ;) So, Today, bonus IZOD IndyCar coverage for you ;)


The braking markers leading down into Turn 10. You need to be on the brakes by where I am shooting or you will NOT make the turn. As we will see later.

Tony Kanaan roars his ride to the Turn 1 entry

Graham Rahal, who would go on to post Sarah Fisher Racing's first ever top 10, rolls into Turn 10

Helio Castroneves misjudges the braking and slides past Turn 10

Here Marco Andretti leads Milka Duno and EJ Viso into the corner
Alex Loyd rolls the corner ahead of Hideki Mutoh

Scott Dixon takes the shortest....and bumpiest....line

Will Power, eventual winner, roars around Turn 1

Alex Tagliani's car completely stripped down.


Walking across the track between races. Steve and I wandered over to the garage/paddock areas for the "Support Series" for the weekend, as the race program stated.


Star Mazda Championship racer

The Indy Lights cars lined up to hit the track

Indy Lights car of Pippa Mann
SCCA World Challenge Championships series cars:


GT class Nissan GT-R

down the side of the Brass Monkey GT-R. She obviously hit the wall.

GT Class Dodge Viper of the SCCA

GT Class Porsche 911 GT3

Loading the GT3

SCCA Acura TSX of the GTS class

You want to know how heavy the rain was? This was INSIDE the Paddock Garage area

Here are the top ten finishers of the IZOD IndyCar race today, for those who didn't get to see the race. Position, car number, driver, and race team listed.

1. 12 Will Power for Team Penske
2. 22 Justin Wilson for Dreyer & Reinbold Racing
3. 6 Ryan Briscoe for Team Penske
4. 3 Hélio Castroneves for Team Penske
5. 10 Dario Franchitti for Chip Ganassi Racing
6. 77 Alex Tagliani for FAZZT Race Team
7. 7 Danica Patrick for Andretti Autosport
8. 2 Raphael Matos for De Ferran Luczo Dragon Racing
9. 67 Graham Rahal for Sarah Fisher Racing
10. 11 Tony Kanaan for Andretti Autosport

8 comments:

  1. Excuse me! I never said a word . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. you were thinking it.....and you just said SIX words ;P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honestly? I didn't think that at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmmmmm....do I waana know what you DID think??? :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually thought it was a really good photo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know, you think she's hot and wish you had her outfit ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Erm, no on both counts, lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. well, damn, there goes all my mental picture fun....:P

    ReplyDelete